The proposal is for a concurrent planning scheme amendment and planning permit for Burnham Beeches (1 Sherbrooke Road, Sherbrooke). Yarra Ranges Shire Council is the Planning Authority for the Amendment, and Burnham Beeches Pty Ltd is the Proponent.
Planning Scheme Amendment
The proposal seeks to change the planning scheme to allow more flexibility for Burnham Beeches to change and develop over time consistent with its designation as a major tourist facility.
The site is currently in the Special Use Zone for Major Tourist Development. The existing planning controls were created prior to the implementation of the Yarra Ranges Planning Scheme in July 2000. The proposed amendment will remove the current cap on patron numbers and allow a broader range of potential land uses (subject to a planning permit).
- View the amendment documentation.
Planning Permit Application
Concurrent with the proposed planning scheme amendment, a planning permit is proposed to allow for (in summary):
- a licensed residential hotel in the Norris Building (main hotel building) of 48 rooms, including ancillary bar and dining area
- two licensed restaurants (existing bakery/café and a new restaurant) in the Piggery Building
- a brewery with associated food and drink areas
- a shop and licensed food and drink premises
- staff accommodation (two buildings)
- intersection works for the Sherbrooke Road entry
- vegetation removal