As re-exhibited, Amendment C104 seeks to facilitate the redevelopment of the Westfield Doncaster Shopping Centre to expand the retail and commercial floorspace towards the north and north-east of the centre. The proposal includes revisions made to the original proposal, exhibited in July 2016, following the acquisition of an adjoining site at 20-34 Westfield Drive, Doncaster by the proponent. A proposed Development Plan has been prepared that provides an overview about how the site will be developed.
Amendment C104 will amend (change) the Manningham Planning Scheme. If approved, it will:
- Delete the existing Incorporated Plan Overlay (Schedule 1) from the land at 619 Doncaster Road and 1 Grosvenor Street, Doncaster.
- Apply a new Development Plan Overly – Schedule 4 (DP04) to the land at 619 Doncaster Road, Doncaster.
- Apply the Road Closure Overlay to the westernmost end of Westfield Drive.
- Amend the Development Contributions Overlay – Schedule 1.
- Approve other changes to the Manningham Planning Scheme related to the Westfield Doncaster extension.
If approved, the Development Plan will support the extension of the Westfield Doncaster Shopping Centre.