As part of the Victorian Government's commitment to remove 50 of the worst level crossings in Victoria, the congested and dangerous level crossing at North Road, Ormond has recently been removed.
The removal of the crossing and the construction of the new Ormond Station provides an opportunity for a mixed use development at a transport hub.
Draft planning controls to facilitate a mixed use development have been prepared.
Submissions closed on Friday 9 December, 2016. Information about the hearing process is provided below.
Draft planning controls and supporting information
- Draft Instruction Sheet (DOCX, 27.9 KB)
- Draft Explanatory Report (DOCX, 175.0 KB)
- Draft Clause 21.04 - Housing and Residential Development (DOC, 1.6 MB)
- Draft Clause 21.06 - Business (DOC, 480.5 KB)
- Draft Clause 22.07 - Housing Diversity Area Policy (PDF, 836.4 KB)
- Draft Clause 37.02 - Comprehensive Development Zone (PDF, 25.3 KB)
- Draft Schedule 1 to the Comprehensive Development Zone (DOC, 1.4 MB)
- Draft Schedule to Clause 61.01 (DOCX, 2.1 MB)
- Draft Schedule to Clause 81.01 (DOC, 3.0 MB)
- Draft Comprehensive Development Plan (PDF, 683.1 KB)
- Draft Map (PDF, 63.4 KB)
- Assessment Report (PDF, 5.0 MB)
- Comprehensive Development Zone Referral Report (PDF, 931.4 KB)
- Retail Need and Economic Impact Assessment (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- Transport Impact Assessment (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Urban Context Report (PDF, 15.7 MB)