The Amendment comprises a comprehensive revision of the planning scheme.
The key changes to the planning scheme that are proposed under this amendment include:
- a rewritten Municipal Strategic Statement that provides clearer strategic direction and decision making guidance on a wide range of land use and development issues
- the introduction of three new local planning policies: Major Retail Developments, Environmentally Sustainable Development, and Dwellings in Green Wedge Areas
- the deletion of eight local planning policies which will become redundant as a result of new policy guidelines contained in the revised Municipal Strategic Statement and revised overlay schedules
- a set of new Significant Landscape Overlays that contain design guidelines for new development in Green Wedge areas
- a new Environmental Significance Overlay that identities the important biodiversity habitats in Yarra Ranges and provides targeted controls to protect these areas
- the removal of redundant Significant Landscape Overlay and Environmental Significance Overlay schedules
- a 5% public open space contribution requirement through the Schedule to Clause 52.01
- the removal of redundant requirements from the Schedule to Clause 53 of the planning scheme.