Mornington Peninsula Shire Council has resolved to seek the appointment of a Panel to consider the Planning Scheme Amendment C209 to the Mornington Peninsula Planning scheme and the submissions made in response to it.
If approved, Amendment C209 will facilitate the redevelopment of the Sorrento Ferry Terminal to include a new Terminal Building (comprising a maritime museum, licensed lounge / café tenancies, and retail), reconfigured vehicle access and traffic works, new car parking, landscaping and public realm works.
Mornington Peninsula Shire Council also requested that the Panel be appointed as an Advisory Committee under section 151 of the Act to consider traffic for the Sorrento Ferry Terminal; including future traffic improvements between the terminal and the Sorrento town centre.
The Minister for Planning consequently appointed the Panel members as an Advisory Committee and provided Terms of Reference dated 29 June 2017. These set out the matters to be considered beyond the Amendment.
Panel or Committee
Sorrento Ferry Terminal Traffic Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to complement the Panel and concurrently advise the Minister for Planning and Council on:
- All relevant matters concerning the design and control of traffic for the Sorrento ferry terminal and traffic movement between the ferry terminal and the town centre; and
- Prioritising the delivery of future traffic improvements to the local traffic network between the terminal and the town centre.
The role of the combined Panel/Advisory Committee is to:
- give submitters an opportunity to be heard in an independent forum in an informal, non-judicial manner (a Panel/Advisory Committee is not a court of law); and
- give independent advice to the Planning Authority and the Minister about the proposed Amendment and Development Plan.
Terms of reference
The Minister for Planning signed a terms of reference (PDF, 151.2 KB) in relation to this matter on 29 June 2017.
- Nick Wimbush (Chair)
- Brett Davis
- Kate Partenio.
Read the advisory committee member biographies (PDF, 68.2 KB).
The Directions Hearing was held on 3 October 2017.
The Hearings will be held on 31 October and 1 November 2017
The Panel / Advisory Committee issued directions and a hearing timetable (PDF, 305.9 KB) after the directions hearing.
The Advisory Committee is required to submit its report in writing as soon as practicable but no later than 40 business days from the completion of the hearing.
If you have any questions or need further information, get in touch via the contact details below.
- Advisory Committee and Panel process:
Planning Panels Victoria
☎ Phone: (03) 8392 5123
✉ Email: email@example.com