The Minister for Planning appointed an Advisory Committee to consider two applications made to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
These applications challenged Kingston City Council's decision to refuse to extend planning permission for a materials recycling and waste transfer station at 275-315 Kingston Road, Clarinda.
Decision to Refuse to Grant Planning Permit issued
25 November 2019: Council refused the secondary consent request to extend the planning permit.
11 December 2019: Council refused the application to amend the planning permit.
Matters called in by Minister for Planning
23 December 2019: Applications for review lodged with VCAT.
16 February 2020: Matters called in by Minister for Planning on at the request of Kingston City Council.
Terms of reference
29 April 2020: The Minister for Planning signed a Terms of Reference for the Clarinda Recycling Facility Advisory Committee.
Appointment of Advisory Committee
29 April 2020: The Minister for Planning appointed the Advisory Committee.
19 May 2020: A Directions Hearing was held by MS Team video link.
10 June 2020: A further Directions Hearing was held by MS Teams video link.
29 June 2020: The Public Hearing for this matter will commence. Use the following links to access the hearing by Zoom video conference:
Please note observers to the hearing should always keep microphones on mute and cameras turned off.
Advisory Committee Report
18 August 2020:The Advisory Committee Report submitted
Panel or Committee
Terms of Reference
Standing Advisory Committee Members
The Minister has appointed an Advisory Committee:
- Nick Wimbush (Chair)
- Sophie Handley
- Colin McIntosh
Learn more about the members by reading their biographies:
All supporting documents for this project can be found here.
- Panel Member Biographies (PDF, 100.8 KB) or (DOC, 52.0 KB).
- Terms of Reference (PDF, 124.2 KB) or (DOCX, 59.6 KB).
- Advisory Committee Report
(PDF, 7.6 MB)
Directions and Timetables
- Clarinda Recycling Facility AC - Directions Hearing Letter - 06 05 20 (PDF, 301.2 KB)
- Clarinda Recycling Facility AC - Directions Letter - 20 05 20 (PDF, 244.3 KB)
- Clarinda Recycling Facility AC - Directions and Timetable (v1) - 11 06 20 (PDF, 356.3 KB)
- Clarinda Recycling Facility AC – Timetable (v2) – 29 06 20 (PDF, 332.9 KB)