A ministerial advisory committee was appointed to consider Amendment C36 to the Mount Alexander Planning Scheme. The amendment sought to rezone land for rural residential development.
Terms of reference
The Advisory Committee considered:
- the appropriateness of Amendment C36
- whether the land and its location is suitable for rural residential development
- bushfire policy and overlay provisions against flora and fauna
- state planning policy, regional growth plan and local policy.
- Ian Harris
- Con Tsotsoros (Chair)
- Ian Gibson
A directions hearing to discuss procedural matters was held on 23 September 2015.
Public hearings were held on 25 and 26 November and 2 and 3 December 2015.
Committee and related reports
Reports issued prior to the composition of the Tarran Valley Advisory Committee
Amendment C36 previously been considered by a planning panel and the Bushfire Management Overlay Standing Advisory Committee:
- Mount Alexander C36 Panel Report (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Bushfire Management Overlay Standing Advisory Committee - Tarran Valley Report (PDF, 1.2 MB).
Reports issued by the Tarran Valley Advisory Committee
The Advisory issued the following reports:
- The Advisory Committee Report (PDF, 1.1 MB) was issued on 1 February 2016
- The Advisory Committee Supplementary Report (PDF, 287.3 KB) was issued on 13 July 2016.
The decision on the matter was announced on 7 September 2016 with the Minister refusing the amendment due to the high risk to human life from bush fires. Read the Media Release issued by the Minister for Planning.
If you have any queries please contact Planning Panels Victoria at email@example.com.
Page last updated: 01/02/18