The Urban Development Program Regional Report for Wangaratta provides analysis of residential and industrial land supply and demand.
Residential land supply
From 2005-06 to 2010-11 residential building approval activity within the Rural City of Wangaratta has averaged 166 per annum. Approvals peaked in 2006-07 with 237 and troughed in 2009-10 at 110.
Projected dwelling requirements sourced from the Victoria in Future 2012 indicate that from 2011 to 2026 a total of 1,829 additional dwellings (or on average 122 per annum) will be required to house the projected population for the Rural City of Wangaratta.
In total (excluding existing vacant residential lots) there is a residential supply of 8,041 potential lots.
It is estimated, based on the identified supply and Victoria in Future 2012 demand projections, there is over 15 years total supply of residential land stocks across the Wangaratta municipality.
Regional Residential Report - Rural City of Wangaratta
Associated maps are available below.
- Residential Map - Wangaratta - Boorhaman (PDF, 560.1 KB)
- Residential Map - Wangaratta - Cheshunt (PDF, 431.6 KB)
- Residential Map - Wangaratta - Eldorado (PDF, 533.7 KB)
- Residential Map - Wangaratta - Everton (PDF, 575.4 KB)
- Residential Map - Wangaratta - Glenrowan (PDF, 599.7 KB)
- Residential Map - Wangaratta - Moyhu (PDF, 507.8 KB)
- Residential Map - Wangaratta - Springhurst (PDF, 568.1 KB)
- Residential Map - Wangaratta - Tarrawingee (PDF, 573.9 KB)
- Residential Map - Wangaratta - Wangaratta (PDF, 983.3 KB)
- Residential Map - Wangaratta - Whorouly (PDF, 548.2 KB)
Industrial land supply
Within the Wangaratta municipality there was a total of 489 hectares of zoned industrial land as at July 2011. Of this land, 147 gross hectares was identified as supply, of which 105 hectares was available for industrial development. All the industrial land in Wangaratta is zoned Industrial 1.
Based on analysis of aerial photography and stakeholder consultation, the consumption of land for industrial purposes has averaged 2.7 hectares per annum between 2001 and 2011.
In total, there is in excess of 15 years of industrial zoned land within the municipality based on the average annual rate of land consumption in the period 2001 to 2011.
Regional Industrial Report - Rural City of Wangaratta
An associated map is available below.
Access to documents on this page
If you require assistance in accessing documents on this page please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org