The National Census of Population and Housing is conducted every five years by the ABS. The 2016 Census, conducted on 9 August 2016, provided vital information for governments and the community to use in planning, policy development, service delivery and research.
The department produces research based on Census and other data. Sample profiles for eleven areas are available to download now, or you can create your own profile from the online fact sheet file for one of 556 areas, ranging from Australia to Statistical Area Level 2 (suburb, town or region level).
Census profiles for Victoria
- Victoria (PDF, 368.7 KB)
- Greater Melbourne GCCSA (PDF, 369.3 KB)
- Rest of Victoria GCCSA (PDF, 349.5 KB)
- Ballarat (SA4) (PDF, 369.7 KB)
- Bendigo (SA4) (PDF, 370.0 KB)
- Geelong (SA4) (PDF, 369.9 KB)
- Hume (SA4) (PDF, 369.6 KB)
- Latrobe - Gippsland (SA4) (PDF, 369.9 KB)
- North West (SA4) (PDF, 369.4 KB)
- Shepparton (SA4) (PDF, 369.5 KB)
- Warrnambool and South West (SA4) (PDF, 369.5 KB)
Create your own profile
The department will continue to produce a range of products focusing on Victoria, providing valuable information to state government, local councils and others responsible for planning our future. These will be available over the coming months.
For accessible versions of the documents above or more information about the Census email firstname.lastname@example.org.