Section 2 is located in a new rail corridor from Deer Park to the west of Werribee.
Terms of Reference
The Terms of Reference were approved by the Minister for Planning on 31 March 2011:
- Jenny Moles (Chair)
- Colin Burns
- Doug Munro
- Robin Saunders
Assessment under the Environment Effects Act 1978
Section 2 of the Regional Rail Link project was referred under the Environment Effects Act 1978.
13 August 2009: the Minister for Planning determined that an Environment Effects Statement was not required subject to specified conditions being met:
- 2009-10 Reasons for Decision
Strategic assessment under Commonwealth legislation
Amendment VC68 was subject to a strategic assessment under Part 10 of the Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
10 June 2010: The Commonwealth Minister endorsed the Program Report for the strategic assessment, and approved the taking of actions for Regional Rail Link Section 2 in accordance with the endorsed Program Report.
Controls under the Planning and Environment Act 1987
6 August 2010: Amendment VC68 was ratified by Parliament. The Amendment introduced an incorporated document that applies to section 2 of the Regional Rail Link project. The planning control requirements are included in the incorporated document, which was amended in November 2011.
Designation under the MTPF Act
14 July 2011: the Minister designated the area of land shown in the plans below, under section 95 of the Major Transport Projects Facilitation Act 2009:
- Project Area Plans - sheets 1-8 (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Project Area Plans - sheets 9-15 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Project Area Plans (Variation) (PDF, 325.3 KB)
The designation of the project area enables the project proponent to use the project delivery powers (including land acquisition) under the Act.
31 August – 21 September 2011: the Noise Impact Management Report and the Draft Noise Management Plan were placed on public exhibition.
15 November 2011: the Advisory Committee hearings concluded.
The Regional Rail Link Section 2 Noise Impacts and Mitigation Advisory Committee Report:
- Part 1 (PDF, 875.4 KB)
- Part 2 (PDF, 796.6 KB)
- Part 3 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Part 4 (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Part 5 (PDF, 197.7 KB)
- Part 6 (PDF, 926.8 KB)
- Part 7 (PDF, 397.1 KB)
Documents used by the Advisory Committee:
- Noise Impact Management Report (PDF, 274.2 KB)
- Draft Noise Management Plan (PDF, 274.2 KB)
- Peer Review of Acoustic Assessment Report - October 2010 (PDF, 100.2 KB)
- Peer Review of Acoustic Assessment Report - November 2010 (PDF, 83.2 KB)
- Response to Peer Review, Revision B - December 2010 (PDF, 250.6 KB)
- Draft Government Policy Framework for Passenger Rail Noise (PDF, 249.3 KB)
- Project Area Designation Plans (sheets 1-8) (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Project Area Designation Plans (sheets 9-15)
28 March 2012: the Minister for Planning issued statements of directions for the Regional Rail Link Authority, the Growth Areas Authority, Wyndham City Council and Melton Shire Council:
Page last updated: 12/09/19