Proponent: Regional Roads Victoria (formally VicRoads)
The Beaufort Bypass (the Project) comprises 11 kilometres of dual carriageway that bypasses Beaufort and connects two recently duplicated sections of the Western Highway to the east and west of the Beaufort township. The Project includes:
- half diamond interchanges on either side of the Beaufort township at the eastern and western tie ins to the Western Highway
- full diamond interchange at Beaufort-Lexton Road
- one road-over-rail bridge across the Melbourne-Ararat line
- overpass structures which will bridge across the existing road network
- culverts and 2 small bridges over waterways
- ten watercourse realignments.
RRV is the proponent for the project. RRV is a dedicated government body charged with managing and maintaining roads in regional Victoria and is responsible for planning the Beaufort Bypass. RRV sits within the Victorian Department of Transport (DoT).
Inquiry and advisory committee
See Planning Panels Victoria Beaufort Bypass Inquiry and Advisory Committee.
Draft Scoping Requirements for this Environmental Effects Statement (EES) were placed on public exhibition from 21 November to 9 December 2016.
After considering public submissions on the Draft Scoping Requirements, the Minister for Planning issued final Scoping Requirements for the EES on 4 January 2017.
Regional Roads Victoria has prepared a consultation plan for the EES, outlining the opportunities and approaches for their community engagement during the preparation of the EES.
The Plan may be updated as required during the preparation of the EES. If the plan changes, the updated version will be posted on this page.
- Questions relating to the Beaufort Bypass Project should be directed to:
Regional Roads Victoria
☎ Phone: 133 778
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions relating to the EES process for this project should be directed to:
Impact Assessment Unit
☎ Phone: (03) 8392 5475
✉ Email: email@example.com
Page last updated: 17/10/22