The role of the Building Division within DELWP
- overseeing the effective and efficient operation of the state's building system.
- leading the development of reform strategies to deliver on the government priorities for the building and plumbing sectors, including cladding rectification
- contributes to national dialogue around building issues
- provides the government with strategic policy advice on a range of other matters related to the building and plumbing sectors, including caravan parks.
The Building Division assists the Minister for Planning to fulfil his or her statutory obligations under the Building Act 1993 and the Architects Act 1991 and the administration of:
- Part 14 of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997
- the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002
- all regulations and other instruments made under these Acts.
In this section
No results found
Find out information about planning and managing a domestic project including new homes, renovations and pools
Resolve a domestic building dispute about defective or incomplete building work, delays, issues with payment or about the domestic building contract
Domestic Building Claims
Make a claim for domestic building insurance for incomplete or defective building work valued at more than $16,000.
Licenced or registered practitioners
Find out information about a registered or licenced practitioner, making a complaint about the conduct of a registered or licensed building or plumbing practitioner or obtain details appointing a building surveyor and terminating the appointment of a private building surveyor.
Find out if my building-related issue is suitable for the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
Find out about the regulation of architects
Contact the Building Division
Enquires relating to building or plumbing policy related matters can be directed to the Building Division.
The Building Division can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 09/07/20